Alternative Software to Dreamweaver that You Need to Try
Dreamweaver is a proprietary software. It is an IDE for web development and is a product of Adobe. It is one of the most popular IDE for web development. However if you are looking for a software other than Dreamweaver to develop your website here is a list of alternative software to Dreamweaver.
Alternative Software to Dreamweaver
It is a free and open-source software. Aptana is an IDE developed by Aptana, Inc. for web development. It has the following features:
- The software supports various languages.
- It provides code-complete feature.
- Some of its other features are code assist, deployment wizard and integrated documentation.
Pinegrow is also a closed-source and non-free software like Dreamweaver. Its features include:
- It allows you to develop the layout of your web pages quickly due to its smart drag and drop, page librairies, repeater and page code editor.
- You can live sync Pinegrow with VS code and Atom
- It enables you to edit and see how your website is going to look like on different devices at the same time.
Bluefish is an open-source and free text editor. You can do all sort of programming on Bluefish and it is also developed for web development. Its features include:
- Syntax highlighting
- Multiple documentation support
- Code folding for better comprehensibility of your code
- Code completion
It is a World WIde Web content editor. BlueGriffon offers both a free version (with restricted features, obviously!) and paid versions. It features include:
- It allows WYSIWYG development. You can enter dual view which splits your screen into two. One shows your code and the other shows you what it is going to look like and this screen is updated as you write your code.
- Project Manager (comes only with the paid version of the software).
- Different themes which also include dark themes.
- Includes both free templates and non-free templates for faster development.